About Me

My photo
Your one stop daily shop for news! Neurotically fun.

Saturday 14 November 2009

Accessory du jour.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Imagination necessary! Photographs could not be used to save anonymity.

A friend once asked me to give a detailed description of my 'type'.
As I typed. And typed and typed... pressing enter felt like my execution.
It felt as though this was a moment in a movie where all of a sudden he'd appear.
Sad as it may seem, I saved this description... and looking back at it revealed 2 things- 80% of the characteristics were based upon the lads style, also revealing that if I am so sure about what I want from a boys style why do I find it so difficult to have a goal with my own!?!

An ex revealed he thinks I like a boy to be my accessory du jour. But this must be a universal thing, looking back to my second post on the 'Gossip Girl' boys- a person who liked one of these guys could not really like another due to category restrictions. A handful of my friends like rugby guys- you know the ones in their grey joggers, with scarily wide shoulders and an 'Edinburgh' looking face. One likes music kids, where the musical influence just shines through on that t-shirt of theirs and another is into a very specific- and I quote "guys whose style is different from that of their group".

Boys are now seen as the classic 'it' item, as far as i'm concerned, and nothing explains a person more than how they accessorise.

No comments:

Post a Comment