About Me

My photo
Your one stop daily shop for news! Neurotically fun.

Monday 9 November 2009

Mr. Floyd, you were wrong.

We DO need an education.

The movie- 'An education' gave me that butterfly feeling in my tummy the moment the word teddy boy was raised and I realised it was set in the sixties. '67 to be precise. Fashion history, having said that 20th century fashion history, is my weakness. I'm a complete vampire towards people with stories from their era and movies can play that card just aswell.

My Papa was a teddy boy, and proud to tell stories of his style. The picture (right) however is of no use to this fact but he does look dashing all the same. The teddy boy look was inspired by Edwardian style and helped in the dressing of young people for fun and decoration instead of routine and musts after the war. Velvet, high waisted drainpipes and chunky brogues. YUM. Sounds completely acceptable for this season. Below is fashion gold-

Jenny is the main character in the movie and goes from school uniform to Audrey Hepburn parisienne chic!
Audrey Hepburn covers most spaces in my room- from my bookcase to movie collection and her funny face in the form of canvases all over my walls. Audrey believed in style and it's longevity as opposed to the fast paced world of fashion: "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
Her alliance with Hubert de Givenchy made the both of them what they're viewed today. Below are some Audrey/Givenchy pairings-

The designer and his muse became close friends and created (in my opinion...) style. Everlasting, the ability to look good without being on trend. Classic comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment