About Me

My photo
Your one stop daily shop for news! Neurotically fun.

Friday 13 November 2009

Mr Keats, YOU can leave your hat on,

"Would I were steadfast as thou art", then fashion would not exist.

BBC films have charmed me again, though I find them more like drama series than films, 'Bright Star' is most definitely up their with 'An education'. The life of a charming John Keats whom, if he was as moderately handsome as the actor who plays him, has me crushing ever so slightly. That poetry, his untimely end and hats.

Yes hats, I will pass by the obvious discussion point here being the romanticism of John's words inspiring many a design, or even the fact his love interest(gosh knows why the utterly selfish girl. In my opinion) who is obsessed with fashion/making clothes/sewing. And talk about hats.

One scene in particular as Keats, Miss Brawne, Sammy and Toots(yeah apparently you can call a kid toots, it has shook my life plan for sure) are walking with their silhouettes visible and the shape of their hats is of utter amusement.

London 1881, hats were a way of life under Victoria's reign. She herself often spotted wearing delightfully decorated hats much like our leading lady.

"To feel for ever its soft fall and swell," is how hats exist to the world. Going in and out of style as quick as a heartbeat.
Please note, this season is most definitely a swell however and I would advise an array of hats. I have my eye on a nice little quirky number from River Island actually, but girl rule #1- thou shalt not purchase an item with knowledge of a friend maintaining current ownership. Damn you Lorne, however Mum it is coming up to Christmas and rules can be bent-

No comments:

Post a Comment